May 11, 2012

Memo Pad Holder

I'm still alive!  My plan is to get back to blogging, so I thought I would start with a simple post.

Teacher appreciation week just ended, and for one class I just donated money, and for the other I forgot to take a photo of the gift!  It was actually a repeat of a previous year for another teacher and an idea that is on my other blog.  I will be transferring it here someday :)  This idea is actually what we gave teachers as a Christmas gift.  I love how they turned out and thought I would share the idea.


These memo pad holders are made from 5x7 clear acrylic photo frames.  I got these at Walmart and I think they were $2 each.  Then I just used my digital scrapbook stash to create 5x7 designs to go in them.  If you don't have a digital scrapbook stash, GET ONE!  There are innumerable free supplies out there to hoard.  After designing, I got them  printed as 5x7 photos, slid them in and added a 4x4 Post-It-Notes pad.  Super easy, and I think they turned out adorable!  If you had a thin piece of cardboard to slide in behind the photo for support, that would help support it when writing.  I also ties some jute just above the note pads for a little extra.

Total price is under $5 each.

No comments: